Electrical Applications Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The PRA Group Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONELECTRICAL APPLICATIONS ENGINEER - MI
Our client, a fast growing supplier of LED technology, is looking for an Applications Engineer to work with their Detroit-area clients. You will initially work from your home office and be the face of the company to OEM customers, working on new program development (for new and existing customers) and providing technical support through the full development life cycle. Otherresponsibilities include:
* Assist with Program Management duties for awarded business
* Perform liaison duties for engineering design
* Develop and execute new business plan for target new customers
* Attend and advise on technical issues at customer design meetings
* Develop detailed knowledge of designs for customer purchasing review meetings
* Create high visibility and create brand presence with customers in the Detroit area
* Represent company at trade shows and customer specific shows
* Perform competitive analysis for next generation product development
This is a stable, growing company whose sales have grown exponentially in the last several years. There is a huge amount of upward growth for the industry as a whole, and this position will allow you to be a key player in it.
* BS in Engineering (or AS with significant expertise) with 4+ years of experience in automotive systems development.
* Good big-picture knowledge of areas such as electrical/wiring, electronics, and the development life-cycle.
* Any experience in LED technology, or similar lighting areas, is a big plus.
* Customer-facing personality with the ability to manage customer relationships and help expand business.
Location: Southeast MI
Salary Range: $90,000-110,000/year, plus profit sharing, car allowance, and cell phone
Travel: 20-50%, mostly local
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: Subject to review
Keywords: Harness, connectors, "design and release", "resident engineer", DRE, "design release", "applications engineer", 'build engineer, "release engineer", "circuit board design", analog, digital, lighting, LED, incandescent