- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Description: Assist electricians by performing various tasks.
Material handling under direct supervision of an assigned electrician actually installing the work.
* Employee should keep all materials, tools and equipment, in an orderly fashion and maintain a clean work area at all times.
* Demonstrate safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
* Clearly understand and comply with company/job safety requirements (O.S.H.A.).
* Properly mount and install assigned work, conduit, wires, and strapping as directed
* Be able to accurately identify colors of wire & conductors.
* Ability to quickly learn hand conduit bending that will ensure timely installations.
* Ability to use 2 handed tools/equipment (i.e. cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, jack hammers, etc.).
* Ability to work from all types of ladders (step ladders up to 14 , A frame ladders and all size extension ladders and must be able to carry and relocate 12 stepladder alone) *Note: Employee s personal weight and personal tolls can not exceed weight limits of the ladder. (Class 1-250lbs., class 1A-300lbs.).
* Perform work at various heights, up to 90 from ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, roofs or other safe work areas.
* Perform work in restrictive/tight areas (i.e. switchgear rooms, craw spaces, utility tunnels, attics, etc.).
* Must be capable of digging trenches, either by use of hand tools or equipment.
* Accurately read labels, job site maps/direction, instructions manuals and written instructions.
* Must have ability to operate platform lift.
* Required to attend apprenticeship classes with passing grades.
* Job may require working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain or snow.
* Must wear personal protective equipment at all times (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, safety harness or respirators as required etc.).
* Ability to work in a noisy environment.
* First to third year apprentice applicants will be considered.
Must be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen, and when applicable if duties involve operating motor vehicle must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2015 fiscal year ending September 30, 2015, IES produced over $574 million in revenue and employed close to 3,000 employees at over 60 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
* Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS. NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law -EEO is the Law poster & EEO is the Law poster supplement, on the following URLs :
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify