Electrical Assembler 1 (Power Supplies) - Temporary
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Electrical Assembler I, under general supervision, will perform processes to manufacture a finished product, using small hand tools and soldering skills per manufacturing instructions in the cell in accordance with company policy and safety procedures. There are several position openings (both Swing and Day shift), these are Temporary roles in the Power Supplies Value Stream.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Prepare lead wires.
* Perform advanced test functions.
* Shape, connect and install coils, solder, braze and fuse connections.
* Perform advanced installation.
* Perform marking and cleaning process.
* May solder and assemble, electro-mechanical or mechanical assemblies/subassemblies using blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturing instructions to conform to quality specifications.
* May solder connections and electronic components to circuit boards.
* May use coating equipment.
* May read calipers.
* May use microscope.
* May use small hand and electric tools.
* May clean and mark surfaces to indicate measurements.
* Ability to be trained to use simple machines such as lathes, drill press and balance machines.
* May perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Demonstrates all safety policies and procedures.
* Other responsibilities as assigned.
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent required.
Years Experience: 0-2 years of relevant experience.
* Must be able to read a ruler.
* Must be able to use simple hand tools, screwdriver, wrench, pliers.
* Must have good eye/hand coordination.
* Basic computer use/familiarity required.
* Must have the ability to read blueprints and schematics.
* Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as, safety rules, operating and manufacturing instructions, and Company policy and procedure manuals.
* Ability to clearly communicate with all internal and external customers.
(0%=NEVER; 1-10%=Rarely; 11-35%=Occasionally; 36-65%=Frequently; 66-100%=Continuously)
* Light physical effort normally 10-20 lbs. -Continuously
* Requires ability to lift up to 20-30 lbs.-Frequently
* Lifting above shoulder level up to 15 lbs.-Rarely
* Carrying (while walking to hold or rest weight directly on hands, arms, or shoulder)-Occasionally
* Pushing (to exert force on or against an object to move about)-Occasionally
* Good manual dexterity required to be able to work with small parts-Continuously
* Use of hands-Continuously
* Fine manipulation (load parts into machine)-Rarely to Frequently depending on Cell
* Sitting-Rarely to Occasionally depending on cell
* Power grip Occasionally to Frequently depending to Cell
* Good vision required-Continuously
* Standing at a workstation for long periods of time-Frequently to continuously depending on cell
* Walking-Occasionally to continuously depending on cell
* Sitting-Rarely to Frequently depending on cell
* Reaching above the shoulder-Rarely
* Reaching below the shoulder (to reach for parts/equipment-Continuously
* Bending (forward motion of the upper body from the waist to pick up or work on parts close to the floor)-Rarely to occasionally depending on cell
* Squatting (bending at the knees to lower body) to pick up or work on part on or close to floor)-Rarely to Frequently depending on cell
(Rating: 0-2; 0=Never: 1=Rarely: 2=Continuously)
* Safe & healthy manufacturing environment.
* Protective safety glasses are provided and must be worn in production area as marked. 2
* May be required to wear hearing protection 1
* May be required to wear safety shoes. 1
* Working with or around equipment and/or machinery. 2
* May be exposed to noise level loud enough to prohibit normal conversation. 1
* May be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals. 2
* Continuous hand motion. 2
* May be required to wear respirator, gloves or protective clothing. 2
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.