Electrical Circuit Design Engineer; Sr. Principal Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMCORE Corporation designs and manufactures Indium Phosphide (InP) optical chips, components, subsystems and systems for the broadband and specialty fiber optics market. EMCORE was the pioneer in linear fiber optic transmission technology, and today is a leader in optical components, as well as a provider of complete end-to-end solutions for high-speed communications networkinfrastructures, enabling systems and service providers to meet growing demand for bandwidth and connectivity. EMCORE's advanced optical technologies are designed for cable television (CATV) and fiber-to-the-premise (FTTP) networks, telecommunications and data centers, satellite communications, aerospace and defense, wireless networks, and broadcast and professional audio/video systems. With its world-class InP semiconductor wafer fabrication facility, EMCORE has fully vertically-integrated manufacturing capability and also provides contract design, foundry and component packaging services. EMCORE is headquartered in Alhambra, California, USA with InP wafer fabrication operations in Alhambra, and ISO9001 certified manufacturing in Alhambra and Langfang, China.
Emcore Corporation has an immediate need for an Electrical Design Engineer/ Sr. Principal Engineer with broad background and extensive RF & Fiber optic product development experience to assist on a full time position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsibilities include project planning, design, simulation, verification, and production ramp support of fiber optic transport system and component levels.
* Experienced with mixed-signal circuit design and layout including RF, analog, linearizers, and control circuitry employing embedded microcontrollers and/or DSPs.
* Experienced with RF/analog circuit board layout considerations for low-noise and high-frequency circuits. Strong circuit simulation skills utilizing, Spice, Agilent ADS or AWR Microwave Office and EM tools such as HFSS are necessary.
* In addition, knowledge of micro-controller circuit and embedded system development, as well as test system software development using LabView or Visual Basic is a plus.
* Candidate should possess a B.S. in ElectricalEngineering or Applied Physics, as a minimum.
* Should also have 5+ years of RF design experience and have strong knowledge of RF & Microwave simulation software.