Electrical Controls Engineer 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Locate, trouble shoot and repair breakdowns and problems of machinery and building facilities caused by electrical circuits or electronic devices and complete required paperwork/documentation
* Develop wiring schematics and controls systems, program Rockwell PLCs and HMIs, servo devices, vision systems and related for industrial equipment control.
* Upgrade and rebuild equipment and machinery, design new circuits, etc. as required to assure production lines are running correctly and safely.
* Work with machine builders on new and/or rebuilt equipment (design recommendations and review).
* Continuous improvements to existing equipment, technology and best practices.
* Maintain back up programs for all equipment. Maintain plant one-line electrical prints.
* Create & maintain electrical prints / schematics. NFPA 70E Arc Flash Standards
* Upgrade equipment to proper safety regulations per OSHA, and EMSEC standards.
* Complete all work assignments, following appropriate action plan and safety regulations to protect self and other employees.
* Communicate safety problems, suggestions to reduce breakdowns and status of repairs, etc. to production employees, supervisors, engineers and Maintenance Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
* Knowledge of Relay Logic, Programmable Controllers, HMIs, 3 - Phase Electrical Circuits / Motors and Direct and alternating Current Theory
* Knowledge of industrial 3phase electricity and power transmission systems, electronics, servo drives, vision systems, HMI programming, industrial computer networks, and related is required.
* Experience with robotics, welding and robotic welding is preferred
* Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic devices and systems with experience in manufacturing environment is required
* Ability to locate, troubleshoot and correct electrical, electronics and minor mechanical problems
* Ability to use electrical and electronic test equipment
* Ability to create, read and follow blueprints, schematics and other technical documentation
* Knowledge and understanding of safety procedures and regulations in working with electrical and mechanical functions.
* Ability to work well on own without direct supervision but able to respond to directions and job assignments
* Ability to work well with other employees in a team environment