Electrical Design Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER III
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER III
TIMCO Aerosystems Engineering
Full Time - Direct
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB :
Development of electrical engineering design data within budget in accordance with FAA, customer and HAECO Cabin Solutions standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO Cabin Solutions is involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
* Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and customer interface.
* Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports, manuals, etc.) defining aircraft electrical / avionics systems to determine the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
* Support various design review meetings with customers.
* Provide support and supervision during installation of modifications at remote locations.
* Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.
* Review and check the design data produced by less experienced Design Engineers.
* Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by acting as a mentor/resource.
* Provide on the job training (OJT) for assigned design engineers and engineering designers.
* Support, in a professional manner, with customers, major manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote and support HAECO Cabin Solutions technical & commercial interests.
* Interface with the electrical substantiation engineer(s) and ODA representatives to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory criteria.
* Convert limited modification specification information into engineering design data for proper installation of aircraft electrical modifications and generation of cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
* Develop well defined HAECO Cabin Solutions statements of work from limited customer provided specification information and aircraft surveys.
* Develop engineering analysis necessary to substantiate aircraft modifications.
* Interface with other departments to ensure customer & HAECO Cabin Solutions requirements are met.
* Provide technical support to HAECO Cabin Solutions manufacturing during the manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO Cabin Solutions developed designs.
* Perform as an electrical substantiation engineer to substantiate electrical designs to ensure compliance to the applicable FAA regulations.
* Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and become familiar with HAECO Cabin Solutions internal policies and procedures.
* BS Degree in Engineering or related scientific field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
* Six (6) years industry experience in engineering field, preferably dealing in the design of electrical / avionics modifications to transport category aircraft.
* Minimum three (3) years experience utilizing AutoCAD (or comparable CAD program) with demonstrable proficiency.
* Must possess knowledge of FAA regulations, certification processes and related requirements.
* Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft electrical components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and proper application in design.
* Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in development of ELA, transverse separation, system safety analysis, and other analytical substantiation techniques.
* Must possess knowledge of personal computer systems with Microsoft Office.
* Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, AMM s, SB s, IPC s, WD s, etc.
* Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Master s Degree in Engineering