Electrical Design Engineer (Lighting) 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER (LIGHTING) with an industry-leading Electronics R&D manufacturer in Tucson, AZ.
* Design and develop emergency lighting drivers for LEDs, emergency lighting low frequency inverters, and other new products relating to lighting electronics, including controls, and interface circuitry.
* Also guide and direct design of PCBs, enclosures, packaging, and/or related equipment.
* Application of power electronics, switchmode power supply circuit design, and electronics for lighting, includes design of voltage, current, and power regulators, and analog emergency lighting LEDs drivers, emergency lighting low frequency inverters, and other new products relating to lighting electronics that meet specified quality, reliability, performance, and costs targets.
* Design and develop battery charger & battery management circuits.
* Design, coordinate, and hold design reviews, providing deliverables such as: complete Bill- of-Materials, block-diagrams, schematics, drawings, PCB design documentation, specifications, test data results, and other necessary documentation and information.
* Sr. Lead Development Engineer on team projects. May supervise or coordinate the work of other engineers, PCB i.e. UL, FCC, etc.
* Evaluate product or material performance as necessary to support the Quality, Manufacturing, and Field Service functions.
* Issue complete and concise reports regarding the performance of new or improved products, as well as competing products.
* Participate in the initial production phase of manufacturing inquiries and problems.
* Utilize analytical modeling tools, when applicable, to insure initial design can meet target specifications.
* Ability to conduct research, and quickly learn and adapt new technologies and apply toward the design of new electronic products
* Skilled at hands-on bench-top design of electronics for lighting or related fields
* Strong Electrical Engineering and technical skills with expert knowledge in an appropriate discipline
* Ability to work with a team in a matrix organization and interact with and contribute to cross- functional teams
* Ability to use personal computers, especially using spreadsheets and word processing software
* Analytical and problem solving skills and good organizational and communication skills
* Ability to manage a project and balance innovation and creativity with mindful regard to a project schedule with strong sense of urgency
* Knowledge of UL standards and compliance standards such as FCC EMI
* Knowledge of embedded microcontroller products helpful.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
* MSEE or Master's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline with 2-5 years' experience,
* BSEE with 6+ years design & development experience.