Electrical Design Engineer 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at Www.kla-tencor.com.
The Film and Scatterometry Technology (FaST) Division provides industry leading metrology solutions for worldwide semiconductor IC manufacturers. The FaST Division portfolio of metrology products includes hardware and software solutions for optical film thickness, optical critical dimension (CD), composition, and resistivity measurement systems. These products are essential for the IC manufacturers as they provide critical metrology capabilities for the development and implementation of their advanced IC processes. The FaST division is committed to support our customers to achieve performance entitlement of our solution and we effectively partner with our customers from their early research and development phase to the high volume in-line manufacturing implementation specific for their process needs. The division consists of a global team located in US, Israel, China, and India.
Typical tasks for members of this group include:
* Development and documentation of system AC and DC power budgets.
* PCB design including: Schematic capture in Orcad, work with layout house to develop layout, select components, define bill of materials, work with PCB house to arrange fabrication and assembly.
* Definition of system interconnections including selection of connectors, design of cables, and documentation of cables and interconnection diagrams.
* Review of vendor capabilities to provide components or services.
* Writing procedures for the proper assembly and testing of systems including part programming processes such as loading FPGA code into flash memory.
* Writing of theories of operation and specifications for subsystems (such as PCBs).
* Testing and troubleshooting of prototypes and new systems.
Experience demonstrating capabilities to perform tasks indicated above is desired. For example:
* Experience in analog and digital board level hardware design, basic modeling and functional simulation.
* Familiarity with design tools (such as OrCad, ModelSim and PSpice).
* Knowledge in implementation of PCBs, including signal integrity issues.
* Good problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* We need a self-starter capable of working in a team, but productive with minimal supervision.
Master's Level Degree OR Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 1 years of experience.
School and project experience can apply as this is an NCG req.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development