Electrical Design Engineer 8/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY My client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer - CNC Logic/Software for their location in Rockford, Il.This is a Permanent Position
About the Position
Person will design, test, and maintain logic code for CNC's and PLC's that will control large scale machine tools. Person will develop software which fulfills the requirements of project specifications using structured analysis and design techniques.
* Develops new, complex designs to meet project specifications.
* Works with supervision to maintain project schedules, quality, and costs.
* Supports the development and maintenance of logic on all products.
* Works directly with hardware engineering to develop CNC + PLC Logic.
* Works directly with project engineering to develop CNC configurations and parameters.
* Assists high level programmers to develop interface to HMI's and front end computers.
* Assist Systems (Start-Up) Engineers in performing functional machine tests on the shop floor.
* Documents designs using the appropriate format to Ingersoll and/or customer standards as required by the project.
* Debugs software modules and systems, also performs simulation checkout of systems.
* Assists production personnel in applying software products.
* Supports Systems (Start-Up) Engineers in installing software at customer's site and assists customer in using software products.
* Assists with any other tasks as needed.
* Provides assistance to other functional organizations (Manufacturing, Assembly, and Customer Service) throughout the life of the project.
* Has responsibility for testing and validation of designs.
* Associate Degree in ElectricalEngineering or technical degree related to control systems background. Bachelordegree in ElectricalEngineering or equivalent is a plus.
* A strong experience with machine tool types, their function and typical machining process is a plus.
* Experience with complex control system architectures and CNC motion control systems.
* Ability to analyze the software requirements of complex control systems.
* Experience with PLC programming platforms such as Ladder Logic, Function Block Diagram, STL, etc.
* Experience with Siemens, Fanuc, GE Fanuc, and Allen-Bradley is strongly recommended.
* Experience with Siemens CNC 840Dsl/Step 7 PLC and Fanuc Ladder is considered a huge plus.
* High Level Language programming such as C, C++,C#, Visual Basic, VB.net will be utilized at times and familiarity with it is desired.
* Knowledge of structured programming techniques and advanced data structures is required.
* Knowledge of networking technology is required. Familiarity with protocols such as Ethernet, Profibus, Profinet are desired.