Electrical Design Engineer 8/17/2016
Crawford Thomas Recruiting
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONExcellent direct-hire opportunity as an Electrical Design Engineer, based in San Diego! Our client is an electronic components partner that helps customers build the next great product by providing the needed technical solutions. They have a long operating history of innovation in magnetics, antennas and connectors, as well as the ability to ramp quickly into high-quality, high-volume production. The Company serves the wireless and wireline communications, power management, military/aerospace and automotive industries.
Provide electrical design support to one or more product lines. This support includes the computer modeling and design of new products and solving electrical-related problems on existing products.
* Design custom magnetics (Transformers and Chokes) to meet system performance goals for communication product.
* Model, evaluate designs and test new products.
* Provide plant support on new and existing designs.
* Prepare documentation forms such as ECNs, AVLs and Add-A-Component.
* Design a new product that meets customers' specifications within a short amount of time.
* Product development cycles are shortened, as driven by the market, challenging one's ability to be creative and on time.
* Errors in design could result in a significant expenditure of time and/or money to correct the error and restore faith in the capabilities of the group.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
* Daily communication with Program Managers, Design Engineers, Process Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, and lab personnel to discuss product design, tooling design, schedules, etc.
* Interaction with Marketing and Program Managers to discuss product requirements, schedules, new designs, etc.
* Contact with outside vendors to discuss materials, designs, schedules, and costs.
* Contact with Documentation Control to review drawing releases, ECNs, etc.
* Interaction with production plants to discuss new and existing issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* 3-5 years' overall work experience required.
* Understanding of Electrical Design and testing principals required; ability to improve current design methods preferred.
* Understanding of Filter Design principles and Magnetic Packaging parameters.
* Working knowledge of material selection, including core, wire and SMT components.
* Technical knowledge of design programs such as P-Spice and AutoCad.
* Understanding of component manufacturing techniques, such as transfer and injection molding, soldering, blanketing, etc.
* 4-year college degree; Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required; Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
* AutoCad training.
* P-Spice Modeling training.