Electrical/Electronic Engineer (I)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Stanley Black and Decker is seeking an Electrical/Electronic Engineer. In this role you will participate with representatives from Marketing, Manufacturing, Reliability, Procurement, Compliance, Legal and Engineering to launch world class power tool products with cost effective embedded electronics and software.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys electronic design and has the desire to learn new skills. You will be responsible for implementing technical requirements and driving results to meet schedule, quality and cost goals. You should be a self starter who takes ownership in your work and can be trusted to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
* Strong foundation in fundamental Electrical Engineering with the ability to investigate and design new analog sensor technologies
* Experience with using magnetic circuits for contactless position, rotation, torque and material sensing
* Passive and active analog filter design using resistors, capacitors, inductors, and op amps
* Digital filter design using embedded microcontrollers
* Experience with PCB noise reduction techniques for analog signal conditioning, A/D converter, and voltage regulation circuits
* Experience with power electronics for driving DC motors
* Familiarity with schematic and PCB design using Altium
* Very strong hands on problem definition and solution skills
* Working knowledge of electronics lab equipement such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, JTAG debuggers, etc.
* Independently build working prototypes given outline functional descriptions
* Positive customer service attitude focused on outcomes
* Participation in design and code reviews
* Mechanical inclination and intuitiveness
* Familiarity with power tools
* Knowledge of SMT and electronic assembly process
Education & Experience:
* B.S. Electrical Engineering
* 2 to 5 years work experience in related field
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.