This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONElectrical Engineer
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.
Electrical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. The Electrical Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in design, development, optimization and problem solving for tissue/towel manufacturing or converting.
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the UCTAD Converting team in Beech Island, SC. The initial focus for this individual will be to support Asset Optimization activities in the converting department. The incumbent reports to Senior Engineering Manager at the Beech Island Mill and receives direction in the form general project objectives.
- Lead various engineering projects with a financial scope of up to $1 million.
- Provide creativity in the design, development, and optimization of Personal Care converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objective
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective implementer of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
- Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Seek, recognize, define and solve problems to achieve unit objectives. Identify technical issues to determine root cause.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Up to 3 years of full-time employment experience in an Electrical Engineering role.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while providing task oriented direction to others in order to complete projects within required timeframes.
- A 3.0/4.0 grade point average (GPA) is preferred.
- Experience with manufacturing control systems, such as: (PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; automated inspection systems; Vision inspection systems; Others)
- Experience with commercial processes and equipment.
- Experience with Kimberly-Clark engineering procedures and processes (i.e., co-op or internship experience).
- Experience with high speed tissue manufacturing and converting processes.
- Experience working with external technical service providers.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-Georgia-Augusta
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time