Electrical Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The corporte office of the multi-operation manufacturing company is located in the Western Suburb area of Chicago. The description below outlines the primary scope of the job; travel would be to the outlying operations when projects warrent an on site look. Plants are in midwest and southeast.
Great company...in business for almost 90years.
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for supporting eight production facilities. Primary duties will be support to the manufacturing sector of the company for various technical needs, including engineering design projects, equipment upgrades, new construction, and support to maintenance and project coordination.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
* Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for industrial purposes.
* Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new industrial uses.
* Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and manufacturing requirements.
* Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
* Assist with the creation of functional specifications to conform to production and manufacturing requirements.
* Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Communicates and interfaces with all levels of the manufacturing sector to coordinate projects, achieve goals and conform to production requirements.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
* Education: BS electrical engineering or equivalent with combined field experience.
* 5-10years of experience in the manufacturing sector. Primary metals a plus.
* Rotating machinery: AC and DC motors and electronic drive systems.
* Power distribution: Panelboards, transformers, power factor correction, harmonics and applicable codes.
* Automation: Relay logic, sensor technologies and actuators.
* Electrical Panels: Design and layout, interconnection wiring for relay logic and PLC based systems.
* Software: PLC Logic, HMI operator interface, SCADA systems, and Data Collection (Rockwell Automation and Siemens preferred).
* Field Work: In-field commissioning of projects, electrical trouble-shooting, construction coordination, and support to meet codes.
* Networks: Ethernet and manufacturers propriety networks such as Modbus and Data Highway.
* Design Tools: Experienced with AutoCAD(R) and Windows Office Suite. Solidworks experience a plus.
* Communications: Good interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal.