Electrical Engineer 8/26/2016
Bancroft Architect Engineering
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Bancroft Architects / Engineers
*A Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business with extensive experience providing architectural and engineering design and construction management services for directly relevant medical center projects across the country.*Chicago-based for 13years with offices nationwide; Elk Grove Village (Illinois), Arlington (Virginia), New Orleans (Louisiana), Wilkes-Barre (Pennsylvania), Titusville (Florida), Windsor Locks (Connecticut), Boulder (Colorado) and San Jose (California) - respected within the VA community throughout the country. *38 architects and engineers means timely professional response by Bancroft's licensed, credentialed staff that all have current VA experience. *Bancroft-AE was named one of the Top 100 Small Businesses in America, having been nominated by one of its federal clients. *Experienced in provided construction period services and design for prestigious federal and Non-Federal laboratory clients, including; the Department of Veteran Affairs, Northwestern University, and the University of Illinois (multiple campuses).
The Electrical Engineer (EE) is responsible for the electrical system designs associated with new buildings and renovations for; consulting design projects, design build projects, and performance contract projects. The Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and training junior electrical engineers and designing and drafting technicians. Associated responsibilities include but are not limited to; engineering design and drafting, specification writing, cost estimating, field investigations and construction site visits, energy analysis, photometric calculations, fault current and coordination studies.
1. Lead and manage the design of electrical systems for building renovations on design build projects that will be constructed by Bancroft AE.
2. Lead and manage the design of electrical systems for new and renovated building construction on consulting projects that will be constructed by the Owner's contractor. (traditional engineering consulting services).
3. Develop office technical standards for design and energy service projects. Research and stay abreast of new technologies. Work with the Bancroft Management Team to identify and implement office standards and strategies that will improve production efficiency and quality of electrical system designs to maximize the Company's profits while minimizing its risks and liabilities.
4. Perform energy analyses and determine energy and maintenance savings associated with lighting and electrical system retrofits for LEED and performance contract projects.
5. Perform energy audit walk-thrus of existing facilities to document existing conditions and identify lighting and electrical retrofit opportunities for energy conservation.
6. Support proposal development. Provide the majority of the proposal input, including detailed technical project descriptions, financial descriptions, and detailed supporting documentation of contractor quotes, simulation results, and cost and savings derivations.
7. Train and develop junior engineers and design/ drafting technicians on; electrical systems design, technologies, codes and contract document preparation.
8. Provide assistance to Senior Management in determining the engineering effort required to produce a project when developing project budgets and fees.
9. There is no relocation package available for this position.
Undergraduate (BS) degree in electrical engineering and PE registration as a professional electrical engineer required.
Must be a US Resident
8 plus years of experience in Electrical systems design to include; power, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarm and solar photo-voltaic (PV) systems.
Familiarity with LEED and green building design.
Knowledge of the local building codes
Familiarity with the latest lighting and electrical conservation technologies.
Experience in energy analysis to identify, screen, and develop energy conservation measures for PC and design build projects for medical hospitals is preferable.
Able to plan and manage the development and production of permit and contract documents for the construction of electrical systems to include; power, lighting, lightning protection, fire alarm and PV systems Florida Building Codes, NFPA Codes, USBC LEED standards and ASHRAE 90.1.
Experience in the overall integration of design engineering, construction, start-up/turnover, and subsequent operation and maintenance of electrical systems.
Strong leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Engineering, analytical and technical writing skills.
Skillful with computer software including word processing, spreadsheet analyses, photometric lighting analysis (AGI or visual) and coordination study software (SKM).
Experience in various utility rebate programs offered for electrical projects desirable.
AutoCAD proficiency and experience is a plus.
Salary range is 70K-120K based on experience.