Electrical Engineer 8/9/2016
Manufacturing / Diversified Company
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF IDEAL CANDIDATE: Focus on the development, improvement, and selection of electric motors and electrical components to meet our requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Design, develop, and test 1/3 - 1 hp electric motors (AC and brushed / brushless DC) and related power components (switches, cables, connectors, etc.) in order to meet customer needs.
* Develop project schedules and budgets and adhere to both during the course of projects.
* Ensure all electric motor related components and designs adhere to regulatory and agency standards as relevant to the product and market of product (ie: UL Standards).
* Define electrical requirements for our products (AC & DC motors, motor components, switches, cables, connectors, etc.).
* Assist in identifying, assessing, and working with Suppliers to meet our electrical product needs.
* Communicate with potential and current customers to ascertain customer needs and produce a product specification to suit those needs.
* Manage multiple new product introductions and/or current product modifications simultaneously.
* Develop test equipment and procedures for testing motors and electrical components to ensure they meet our requirements.
* Support Operations by troubleshooting and continuous improvement of electrical aspects of product manufacturing.
* Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING / SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Hands on experience with 1/3 - 1 hp AC and brushed / brushless DC electric motors, their specification, operation, construction, testing, and applications.
* General knowledge of circuitry and electrical components.
* Experience with UL 1004, (additionally UL 674, UL 1203, and NFPA 70 are a plus).
* Hands on experience with 3-D CAD (Solid Works is a plus).
* Bachelors Degree in ElectricalEngineering discipline or equivalent experience.
* Occasionally lifts up to 5 pounds
* Maneuvers in, around, under, and about factory and/or laboratory equipment on a regular basis
* Some of work time is spent standing, walking, lifting, and bending.
* Work with design equipment and at a PC.
* Works within a manufacturing, office, and laboratory setting