- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Electrical Engineer I - Distribution Engineering (4126)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Duquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Job Family: Engineering
Career Level: Associate III
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under semi-direct supervision, provides the timely delivery of distribution engineering plans by designing, planning, and reviewing calculations for 23KV and below. Ensure that distribution designs meet all applicable federal, state, local and engineering codes including but not limited to NESC, NEC, IEEE, and ANSI. Work with various departments to ensure that new business and work plan projects are delivered on time.
1. For all projects assigned, plan, engineer, design, maintain, prepare and review estimates, permits, schedules, construction orders, specifications, quotes, proposals, drawings, license applications, for minor complexity engineering projects associated with area of expertise including distribution, standards/materials and maintenance to ensure sound engineering principles are employed and in accordance with all applicable codes (NESC, NEC, ANSI, IEEE) and federal, state, local codes.
2. Performs moderately technical pole loading/guying calculations, cable pulling calculations, and transformer loading studies.
3. Consults with and receives advice from superiors, peers and vendors to become thoroughly familiar with an assignment and to obtain necessary design and cost information. With assistance from more experienced engineers act as a Project Manager for assigned projects.
4. Work with Distribution Designers to ensure that overhead, underground, and subtransmission engineering designs are engineered according to Duquesne Light and NESC Standards. Review the Distribution Designers material and cost estimates. Attend customer project site meetings.
5. Become an NEC and NESC subject matter expert on OH and UG distribution design
Roles at this level requires and ABET-Accredited Electrical Engineering degree.
Skills/Abilities: Position to be filled at the Engineer I, II, III, or IV or Senior Level based upon work experience. Senior Engineer level requires PA Professional Engineer License and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
Work location is a combination of office environment and field work. Desk and computer work is required. Must possess valid driver s license and be able to drive to various company locations.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.