Electrical Engineer III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide support for the overall management of any and all programs/efforts as assigned. Typically performs all functional duties independently.
* Provide support of the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and support equipment.
* Provide technical assistance to the IPTs as it relates to Operational Safety, Suitability, & Effectiveness (OSS&E).
* Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Requests for Deviation (RFD), and maintain system configuration baselines.
* Participate in Technology Insertion discussions, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), and Technical & Programmatic Reviews.
* Perform Failure Analysis and produce economical solutions to improve System Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
* Perform technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for overall systems, subsystems, and support equipment to include integration of Mission Support Equipment (MSE).
* Perform engineering activities to include defining system requirements, reviewing vendor designs and technical proposals, researching and developing technical solutions, performing systems functional analysis, conducting trade studies, conducting technical reviews, and performing test and evaluation activities.
* Receive overall tasking/problem statements from the team lead and coordinate program resources to create and field comprehensive solutions.
* Coordinate with other government agencies, prototype facilities, commercial vendors, and engineering firms to conduct analyses.
* Apply procurement/contracting practices, budgeting, engineering and program documentation, test and evaluation, and safety confirmation to perform electrical engineering analyses.
* Assist in identifying, managing, mitigating, and addressing technical and program architecture risks, including interoperability analysis and risk assessment.
* Providing support for the integration of current and evolving systems into the weapons system platforms.
* Providing engineering support by utilizing electronics to determine the business and technical needs of customers in the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, support systems, equipment items, or an equivalent product.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
* Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
* Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. This position requires the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled