Electrical Engineer III 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ROLE:
Designs, tests, installs, and maintains large-scale electronic equipment or machinery for use in manufacturing or power generation or transmission. May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments. Applies principles and techniques of electrical engineering to accomplish goals. Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.May report to an executive or a manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). Acceptable alternatives are (1) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a Bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) independently evaluated and found to be equivalent to an engineering degree awarded by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
* Passing the Fundamentals of Engineering examination in preparation for future licensing as a Professional Engineer (PE) is encouraged and preferred.
* Responsible to the assigned supervisor for performing engineering work activities and projects requiring the application of engineering knowledge in a safe, effective, efficient and economic accomplishment of assigned objectives.
* The successful candidate will demonstrate the following;
* Enabling characteristics:
* Embrace the use of teams
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Capable of leading activities of teams consisting of multiple departments and job classifications
* Able to build and maintain strategic working relationships
* Customer focused
* Be flexible in approach to work, work assignments and priorities
CORE LEVEL DUTIES:
* Work with our region personnel and asset renewal team to identify transmission rehab needs for their assigned geographic areas. They will then work with the appropriate area planners to see which rehab items can be added to larger planning driven projects already in development. The remainder of the rehab (i.e., the left over pieces) will be "sponsored" by these new engineers.
EDUCATION AND SKILL SETS
* BS in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited institution. Or BS in electrical engineering technology from an ABET accredited institution.
* Educational and /or experiential focus on electrical systems analysis, PSSE experience, etc preferred;
* Permanent residence status required