Electrical Engineer-Journeyman* 8/25/2016
Robins Afb, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3602
Title: Electrical Engineer-Journeyman*
Date Posted: 08/15/2016
Job Location: Robins Georgia
The candidate shall provide Electrical Engineering support for the Air Force ATS Division as part of the Agile COmbat Systems Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Journeyman Electrical Engineer shall provide support for the overall management of any and all programs/efforts as assigned. This includes:
* Provide support of the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems,
* subsystems, and support equipment.
* Provide technical assistance to the IPTs as it relates to Operational Safety, Suitability, & Effectiveness (OSS&E).
* Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Requests for Deviation (RFD), and maintain system configuration baselines.
* Participate in Technology Insertion discussions, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), and Technical & Programmatic Reviews.
* Perform Failure Analysis and produce economical solutions to improve System Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
* Perform technical planning, systems integration, verification and validation, cost and risk analysis, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for overall systems, subsystems, and support equipment to include integration of Mission Support Equipment (MSE).
* Perform engineering activities to include defining system requirements, reviewing vendor designs and technical proposals, researching and developing technical solutions, performing systems functional analysis, conducting trade studies, conducting technical reviews, and performing test and evaluation activities.
* Receive overall tasking/problem statements from the team lead and coordinate program resources to create and field comprehensive solutions.
* Coordinate with other government agencies, prototype facilities, commercial vendors, and engineering firms to conduct analyses
* Apply procurement/contracting practices, budgeting, engineering and program documentation, test and evaluation, and safety confirmation to perform electrical engineering analyses.
* Assist in identifying, managing, mitigating, and addressing technical and program architecture risks, including interoperability analysis and risk assessment.
* Provide support for the integration of current and evolving systems into the weapons system platforms.
* Provide engineering support by utilizing electronics to
determine the business and technical needs of customers in the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, support systems, equipment items, or an equivalent product.
* Bachelor s Degree from a ABET-accredited school and 3 years of experience
* Secret clearance required
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
Warner Robins AFB, GA.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability