Armstrong Flooring Inc. has a job opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be located at our corporate offices in Lancaster, PA. The Electrical Engineer is an entry-level position that will support our flooring manufacturing operations. The position will work closely with other staff engineers and will be responsible for providing engineering and technical services to support the manufacturing environment, maintenance systems, and production processes with an emphasis on leading efforts around electrical design work necessary for the projects. In addition, the Electrical Engineering will play a critical role in our lean efforts as we continuously strive to improve our processes and reduce waste.
TO APPLY DIRECTLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROVIDED LINK: http://bit.ly/2bzadTa
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Proactively providing engineering and design assistance to the manufacturing plants in terms of equipment, maintenance, production processes, and systems.
* Designing, developing and testing the manufacture and installation of electrical equipment, components and systems
* Preparing and analyzing technical drawings and specifications to ensure installations and operations conform to customer requirements
* Coordinating manufacture, installation, maintenance and testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes and customer requirements
* Coordinating and analyzing vendor supplied drawings and incorporating the required information into project drawings
* Inspecting completed installations and observe on-going operations for conformance to specifications, as well as operational safety and quality standards
* Leading or assisting in the execution of capital projects, insuring that cost, schedule, and performance goals are met or exceeded
* Participating in lean efforts, such as kaizen events, where an emphasis is placed on creativity before capital investment
* Ensuring compliance with all standards and customer requirements, including NFPA 70E and NEC guidelines
* Utilizing Project Management, SPC, designed experiments, and other appropriate techniques to evaluate process capabilities, defining necessary improvements, and monitoring results.
* This position requires 25%-35%travel
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* A minimum GPA of 2.8
* Leadership abilities demonstrated through involvement in student organizations and/or community service
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong communication and organization skills.
* Ability to work independently and within a team to manage multiple priorities
* Proficiency with AutoCAD, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Experience with PLC applications and HMI's
* Experience with motor controls, variable speed and servo drives
* Ability to work in a semi-autonomous environment without technical direction
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* 2 years work experience in manufacturing environment or Co-op or internship experience in a manufacturing environment
* Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing methodologies