This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electrical Engineer
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role outside of country, this role is available for in-country relocation only.
Currently, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Loudon, TN mill.
Electrical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety and performance expectations.
The Electrical Engineer for this role will provide guidance in design, development, optimization and implementation of TMCS, PLC, motion control, and machine safety systems. Candidates must have expertise across multiple technologies and will have a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad range of team members.
The incumbent reports to the Loudon Operations Team Leader or Engineering Manager.
Key Customers Include: Sector Management, Project Sponsors, Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, Research, Consumers.
* Lead electrical designs for product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $5 million from conception to commercialization.
* Develop knowledge and skills in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
* Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and wellbeing of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
* Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause. Initiate, design, optimize and develop manufacturing and supporting processes.
* Candidates must possess a Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited College or University.
* Strong experience with manufacturing control systems, such as: Control Logix PLC's; Distributed Control Systems, Variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; automated inspection systems; safety systems; and Ethernet communications.
* 4+ years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments.
* Ability to work independently or to lead a team to complete projects within required timeframe.
* Strong knowledge and background in control of high speed manufacturing or converting process and equipment, and demonstrated ability to translate knowledge into execution of process and capacity improvements.
* Experience in managing capital projects.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-TN-Loudon
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time