Responsible for providing engineering support to specifically assigned Plant production departments through continual improvement of machinery (or through appropriation of new machinery) and of processes within the production departments.
* Oversees development of improvements to existing processes. Coordinates projects between engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance personnel to make these improvements.
* Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Knowledge of safe manufacturing practice necessary for recommendation and implementation of safety programs.
* Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and requirements.
* Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment, major repair or upgrades of existing equipment, including controls, drives, and HMIs.
* Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
* Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
* Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, products, or systems for industrial applications.
* Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
* Troubleshoot down equipment and make repairs (or coordinate repairs with maintenance department) to return equipment to production.
* Interaction with other departments and personnel and natural ability to be a team player.
* Develop budgets, estimate labor, materials, and construction costs.
* Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
* Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE.