Electrical Engineer 9/16/2016
NTN Bearing of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsible for providing engineering support to specifically assigned Plant production departments through continual improvement of machinery (or through appropriation of new machinery) and of processes within the production departments.
* Oversees development of improvements to existing processes. Coordinates projects between engineering, manufacturing, and maintenance personnel to make these improvements.
* Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform engineering tasks.
* Knowledge of safe manufacturing practice necessary for recommendation and implementation of safety programs.
* Prepare technical drawings, specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and requirements.
* Assist in developing capital project programs for new equipment, major repair or upgrades of existing equipment, including controls, drives, and HMIs.
* Confer with engineers, customers, or others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects or products.
* Direct or coordinate manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, or customer requirements.
* Design, implement, maintain, or improve electrical instruments, equipment, products, or systems for industrial applications.
* Oversee project production efforts to assure projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Plan or implement research methodology or procedures to apply principles of electrical theory to engineering projects.
* Troubleshoot down equipment and make repairs (or coordinate repairs with maintenance department) to return equipment to production.
* Interaction with other departments and personnel and natural ability to be a team player.
* Develop budgets, estimate labor, materials, and construction costs.
* Compile data and write reports regarding existing or potential electrical engineering studies or projects.
* Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
NTN Values a diverse workforce and is an EOE.