Electrical Engineer - Maintenance Planning Engineer, LTIIP Support (4127)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
Duquesne Light Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONDuquesne Light Company, headquartered in downtown Pittsburgh, is a leader in providing electric energy and has been in the forefront of the electric energy market, with a history rooted in technological innovation and superior customer service. Today, the company continues its role as a leader in the transmission and distribution of electric energy, providing a secure supply of reliable power to more than half a million customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The Maintenance Planning Engineer, LTIIP (Long Term Infrastructure Improvement Plan) Support, will provide support and technical expertise to field personnel for lifecycle activities related to Substations, Overhead, and Underground assets on Duquesne Light s Transmission and Distribution System, with a focus on supporting Duquesne Light s LTIIP programs and initiatives.
* Maintenance Planning: Identify cost effective asset replacement projects and programs to address aging infrastructure and system performance issues. Develops and prioritizes programs and projects to align company objectives and system needs. Develop scopes of work and business proposals to address Maintenance Planning related issues.
* Technical Support: Provide maintenance engineering, subject matter expertise, and technical support to engineering, shops and construction and maintenance personnel to address equipment maintenance, testing, repairs, replacements, operations, compliance and/or technical specification matters.
* Preventive Maintenance Management: Establish tailored preventive maintenance programs for assets based on asset criticality and health to increase asset life. Provide maintenance related technical support to field operations personnel to ensure effective application of sound maintenance practices.
* Consults with and receives advice from superiors, peers and vendors to become thoroughly familiar with an assignment and to obtain necessary design and cost information.
* Standards Compliance: Support compliance with all external standards including PUC and NERC by developing, monitoring and managing programs and maintaining records and data in accordance with established requirements in order to meet all applicable standards.
* Other duties as Assigned, Assist in covering Storm Duty Responsibilities.
Roles at this level require an ABET-Accredited Electrical Engineering degree. With 1+ years of relevant experience. Certifications are often desired
Preferred: Knowledge of Duquesne Light s work plan and business processes.
NOTE: This position will be filled at the Engineer I,II,II or IV level based on education and experience.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on past experience on a regular basis. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Typically accountable for managing ones own time and work flow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but less frequently.
Work location is a combination of office environment and field work. Desk and computer work is required. Must possess valid driver s license and be able to drive to various company locations.
Duquesne Light Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all people in all aspects of the employment relationship, without discrimination because of race, age, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran or any other unlawful basis, as defined by applicable law, and fostering a workplace free of unlawful discrimination and retaliation. This policy affects decisions including, but not limited to, hiring, compensation, benefits, terms and conditions of employment, opportunities for promotion, transfer, layoffs, return from a layoff, training and development, and other privileges of employment. An integral part of Duquesne Light's commitment is to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning equal employment and affirmative action.