Electrical Engineer (Power Electronics)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way", which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work" for 11 years running! Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
We're looking for a motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team in Philadelphia supporting the development and testing of Advanced Electrical Power Systems for US Navy ship programs. If you're the right one for us, you love hands-on power systems work, have experience working with a power electronics and related equipment, and enjoy balancing a range of tasks in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
* Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Perform Medium Voltage and Low Voltage electrical power distribution system analysis for equipment sizing, load flow, short circuit, arc flash energy
* Work with a diverse range of equipment including DC/DC and DC/AC solid state converters, solid-state relays, motor drives, transfer switches, overcurrent protection coordination, and ground grid calculations
* Create test and engineering analysis reports and technical manuals
* Complete design studies for new naval ship power electronics initiatives
* Prepare for and participate in design reviews
* Interface with other engineering groups to coordinate technical requirements and product integrity
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* BS in Electrical Engineering (from an ABET-accredited institution) required
* 3+ years of demonstrated experience in Power Electronics and working with motor drives.
* Experience should include medium voltage switchgear, protective relaying, cabling and solid state power conversion
* Ability to learn quickly and work on several projects concurrently
* Experience with working effectively in dynamic environments requiring the ability to assess and prioritize tasks, managing time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands & Expectations
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting
* Ability to carry up to 50lbs and traverse a shipboard environment
* Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment
* Ability to travel up to 20%
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.