Electrical Engineer - Power distribution & Controls
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Perfect Fit Placement
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, a major global chemical company, knows that their people are the heart of their success. With a foundation of honesty and integrity they are a team focused on winning, and knows it's not just what they achieve, but also how they achieve it that helps create value and sustain success!
With a portfolio of specialty businesses, they work with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market-driven approaches take advantage of world-class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally diverse company, they serve customers in approximately 100 countries and had 2014 revenues of approximately $9.5 billion
- Design, specify, install and troubleshoot industrial electrical, power distribution, and instrumentation control systems for projects.
- Provide high-quality design, scope, and cost/schedule estimates including P&IDs, and equipment drawings and specifications.
- Perform the project management function for the execution of small and mid-size capital projects.
- Support and maintain control systems including PLC and Delta V DCS.
- Provide electrical and instrumentation engineering and technical support to plant operations and maintenance.
- Provides on-call maintenance support on a rotating basis.
- Directs E&I calibration procedures of critical equipment.
- Evaluates the adequacy of critical E&I equipment spare parts inventories.
- Provide input to Reliability Engineers in development of Predictive and Preventive Maintenance
- Conducts root cause failure analysis on major equipment failure.
- Recommends action plans to minimize equipment failures.
- Liaison with equipment suppliers pertaining to any E&I issues.
- Coordinates electrical and other related contracted work.
- Lead the commissioning activities during plant start up including preparing documents (engineering).
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an industrial setting. Preferred: Chemical industries on projects or in maintenance.
- Desirable to have knowledge in designing power distribution, feeders, and Motor Control Centers for motors, variable speed drives, lighting, grounding, Electrical Hazardous Area Classification, etc. and instrumentation and control systems including interlocks, PLC, and DCS (Delta V preferred).
- Designed system under ANSI/ISA S84.01 Process Safety Management (PSM) for interlocks.
- Knowledgeable in using Preventive and Predictive Maintenance tools or system
- Good organization and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to solicit input and support of others at various sites and levels in the organization.
- Fluent in English.
- Results oriented, puts in extra effort and work to accomplish critical or difficult tasks
- Familiar with CMMS (Computerize Maintenance Management System) such as SAP and common applications software (spreadsheet) Eg. M.S