Electrical Engineer - Product Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
Cascade Microtech, A FormFactor Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: Electrical Engineer - Product Compliance
LOCATION: Beaverton, OR
JOB ID: 216-240-036
# OF OPENINGS: 1
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER - PRODUCT COMPLIANCE
Cascade Microtech, a FormFactor Company, is a worldwide leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced wafer probing solutions. Our employees drive our vision of becoming the leading provider of microelectronic solutions through our guiding Cascade values. We believe that principles such as innovation, striving to achieve, focusing on customer success, building world class practices, transparency and teamwork will enable our success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees through the big things like a generous PTO plan, outstanding insurance and an employee stock purchase program. We also have the little things that make up a great workplace like our High 5 Employee Recognition Program, coffee stations, chili cook-offs, Hood to Coast teams and on site showers and bike-racks. If you want to be part of a high tech global leader and share our commitment to doing the right thing, then come join our team today!
This position will have responsibility for Product Regulatory Compliance and Sustaining Electrical Engineering. The Product Regulatory Compliance role includes determining and communicating applicable regulations, evaluating design concepts for compliance, offering design alternatives to insure compliance, managing the third party product certification process. The SUSTAINING ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING ROLE includes resolving component availability issues, printed circuit board design turns, design updates to electronics enclosures and cable assemblies, updating assembly and test documentation, as well as participating in new product design projects as requested.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Product Regulatory Compliance:
* Guide design teams with standards and participate in reviews to ensure compliant product solutions are realized.
* Create and execute regulatory test plans, including required standards, test specifications, estimated cost, turn-around time and submittal strategy for targeted markets.
* Facilitate third party compliance testing for new and existing products. Serve as the main interface with test labs, review test results, approve test reports and address compliance issues.
* Review and approve product regulatory labeling, data sheets and user manuals for required safety content.
* Review engineering changes for regulatory implications.
* Support procurement in the selection of safety critical components.
Sustaining Electrical Engineering:
* Evaluate and approve alternate electrical and electronic components.
* Provide sustaining engineering support for printed circuit boards, chassis, and cables.
* Project management of outsourced circuit board design, prototype board fabrication, and prototype board test (both new designs and legacy design support).
* Project manage chassis and interconnect redesign, prototype fabrication, and prototype test (both new designs and legacy design support).
* Review and approve engineering changes.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* BS in Electrical Engineering or related scientific discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience, in a related discipline.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Design, Manufacturing, or Sustaining Engineer.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in Product Compliance.
* Demonstrated expertise evaluating and interpreting international regulations and standards. (including CE marking, machinery directive, EMC directive, IEC 61010, and SEMI S2 & S8).
* Demonstrated expertise managing third party product certification projects.
* Demonstrated sustaining engineering expertise in printed circuit boards (design, fabrication, assembly, and test), electromechanical packaging (electrical chassis and cable design, fabrication, and test), and component selection.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to multitask, handling multiple projects and meeting key deliverables.
* Self-motivated, with key strengths in initiative, dependability and teamwork.
* Ability to travel internationally.
Cascade Microtech, a FormFactor Company, is a VEVRAA Federal subcontractor and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Candidates must be qualified to work in the United States.
Cascade Microtech plays an essential role in the semiconductor industry producing tough,
reliable, innovative testing technologies for IC development and production.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and social
responsibility. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging
environment. Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.