This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Armstrong Flooring, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONELECTRICAL ENGINEER
Primary Location: Somerset, Kentucky
Employment Status: Full-Time
Armstrong Flooring, Inc. (AFI) has a job opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be located in Somerset, KY. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for assigned electrical engineering projects and is accountable for the technical adequacy and operating performance of facilities provided. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will require professional skills, business knowledge, and an awareness of the impact of engineering on the manufacturing process.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods
* Investigating problems and requirements of projects, developing and evaluating reasonable alternatives, collecting and evaluating all necessary data, developing a plan for a solution for the problem in light of economic, manufacturing or governmental regulatory requirements, consulting with appropriate involved personnel, and providing timely communications of all aspects of the projects
* Writing and troubleshooting PLC programming
* Developing equipment or trading specifications, collaborating with Purchasing in obtaining quotations or bids, and coordinating with vendors as required
* Developing job specifications for fabrication, erecting and installing of equipment, planning and coordinating work with all personnel involved, controlling and administering the important phases of installation
* Serving in an advisory capacity, from an engineering viewpoint, to production and other personnel on their problems
* Sending recommendations to the Maintenance and Engineering Manager to be included in annual capital and maintenance budgets, and providing rough cost estimates for such items
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
* Possess strong leadership, communication, project management and computer skills (including SAP, CAD, and Microsoft Office Suite)
* Must demonstrate ability to work in a team-based environment
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER:
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts