Electrical Engineer, Stevens Point, WI 9/9/2016
Stevens Point, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Stevens Point, WI
Provide electrical/instrumentation engineering for Stevens Point Paper Mill in the form of engineering design, project management, troubleshooting, and maintenance problem solving.
* Provide electrical/instrumentation engineering services necessary for the mill to complete their capital improvement projects and engineering service requests. Use sound and beneficial capital improvement methods to prepare appropriate requests, prepare Front End Loading requests, provide electrical/instrumentation drawings, order equipment through purchasing, and oversee projects to completion.
* Assist in troubleshooting and resolving daily electrical/instrumentation problems with the mill s machinery and equipment.
* Investigate and assist in solving chronic maintenance problems as assigned by supervisor. Report root cause failure analysis for all electrical and instrumentation lost time in given area on a regular basis.
* Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining the mill s preventative and predictive maintenance program for area of responsibility.
* Conduct periodic tours of the mill for electrical/instrumentation problems, conferring with production and maintenance personnel with regard to current jobs, making safety observations, and ensuring good housekeeping.
* Ensure that electrical/instrumentation activities are carried out at a minimum of cost, labor, materials, and lost production.
* Organize and conduct training of electrical/instrumentation mill technicians, as assigned by supervisor, to assure successful installation, startup, and maintenance of equipment and systems.
* Assist in the updating and maintenance of the mill s electrical and instrumentation drawings. Knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
* Experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell PLC s and knowledge of various GE and Rockwell machine drives.
* Be subject to emergency call-ins. The current weekend rotation is one in seven weeks. This would include working two days on the weekend for the week scheduled.
* As a leader in the mill, help ensure all mill employees are safe from the start by teaching, coaching and following up to ensure established safe work practices are being followed as well as compliance to federal, state, and local safety regulations.
* Perform as a project manager and execute complete capital projects utilizing the Verso Project Delivery Process ( PDP) within time and budget constraints.
* Complete preliminary and authorization level engineering studies, including detailed scope development and capital cost estimates.
* Participate and/or lead in the mill s NFPA 70E efforts.
* Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering plus six years of electrical and or instrumentation experience, preferably in the paper industry.
- or -
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
* Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
* Provide expertise in the area of computing technology, networked topologies, software tracking and user authentication/profiling.
* Possess ambulatory capabilities to walk extensively and climb ladders and stairways; and also be able to tolerate temperature extremes in carrying out responsibilities.
* Work downtime days, holidays, and weekends as scheduled.
* Basic understanding of National Electric Code and Arc Flash remediation requirements.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal
RELOCATION PROVIDED* Yes
Verso Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability