Electrical Engineer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electrical Engineer
* Act as the Owner s Representative Engineer in a project team; individually with senior support, or as the sole lead; for the electrical discipline, or multi-disciplinary (with support), as assigned.
* Preparation of optioneering and feasibility analyses for projects, leading to a basis of design project brief.
* Prepare initial cost estimates, with the support of the procurement team and external partners, leading to the preparation of business investment cases for the projects/options under consideration.
* Responsibility for, at a project level, consistency of design by ensuring compliance with Equinix s design standards and design delivery model.
* Verify that project documentation meets the requirements of the basis of design and the parameters of the business investment case approval.
* Working with experienced electrical engineering staff to deliver world-class data-centre designs with peers in mechanical engineering, architectural and construction disciplines.
* Setting of standards and lead technical investigations that develop the most efficient, highly resilient datacentres designs while driving industry leading PUE figures.
* Review submittals for compliance with specifications, standardization efforts and project specific requirements.
* Working with Capacity Management to develop solutions to maximise saleable cab-counts within the IBXs as dictated by the business.
* Supporting strategic deals (working with sales and the sales engineers), to meet with current and prospective customers to fully understand needs and market trends.
* Author / provide input to global design and procurement standards working with peers in AsiaPac and EMEA.
* Conduct R&D associated with advancements in design solutions and product and vendor selection.
* Travelling as needed to effectively manage the projects, and to promote communications with the IBX site operations teams
* Understanding and ensuring compliance with safe working systems, safety regulations and quality standards of both the company and the country in which work is undertaken
* Providing written and verbal instructions to installation contractors / sub-contractors and validating the quality of work.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
* Emphasis & special focus on Electrical Systems & Reliability
* Must have effective written and verbal communications skills and be able to effectively use spreadsheets and project management programs. AutoCAD experience is desirable.
* Engineer In Training (EIT) registration desirable.