Electrical Engineer (20160456)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over twenty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide and Americas headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of motive power, reserve power, aerospace/defense, and specialty batteries with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.
We offer an excellent benefit package and a salary commensurate with experience and/or education.
Job Summary: The Electrical Engineer will provide technical input for Battery Management Systems and other critical electrical systems for use in aerospace and military programs. This Engineer will be the key contact for program management on all technical matters related to the electrical design of their product and is expected to contribute as needed during reviews and technical interchange meetings. This role will also support program requirements and needs with emphasis on specifications compliance and development of electrical test plans and test equipment development. In addition they will interface with other technical teams, including Mechanical, Test and Quality, to determine design solution options that meet spec and allow for optimal assembly and test. The Engineer attends regular program meetings to address progress and ensure technical requirements are met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Full design and proof of concept test responsibility of programs.
* Establish, plan, design, develop, review and conduct coordination for projects, taking into account customers, product performance, cost and quality requirements
* Use electronic design strategy to guide and continuously improve the development process and electronic control designs and systems
* Implement design in coding languages such as C, C++ and Assembly
* Document complete design specifications to include compliance to specifications as required.
* Create test plans and procedures for design verification of electrical designs as well as supporting battery and cell level testing campaigns.
* A minimum 4-8 years experience desired
* Ability to develop firmware solutions, knowing the advantages, limitations and costs of various design approaches
* Systems hardware design experience including digital electronics, microprocessors, and microprocessor firmware.
* Ability to understand microcomputer architectures to achieve the most efficient hardware/software design solutions
* Familiarity with developing data acquisition tools using such programs as LabVIEW and MATLAB
* Knowledge of communications protocols including I2C, SPI and CANbus
* Ability to occasionally interface with vendors and customers including travel both domestic and international
* Outstanding people skills, with the specific ability to interact as a lead player
* Dynamic self-starter with ability to work independently and with cross-functional teams
* Strong decision making skills
* In-depth computer skills related to specific needs of position
* Knowledge of manufacturing, product engineering and procurement processes desired
* Experienced in aerospace and military electronics design is a plus; and specifically those involving battery and battery electronics
* S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent in related field.