This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently recruiting SENIOR ELECTRICAL FACILITIES ENGINEER
for a World Class firms located in Toledo,Ohi
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE Under the direction of the Facilities Engineering Leader, the Electrical Engineer is individually responsible for providing complete and effective technical engineering services for the Elmore Facility and for providing consulting service for all Facilities in all phases of electricalengineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assume total responsibility for electrical and controls capital projects activities including project definition, development of cost estimates and scope of work, generation of requests for funds, development of specifications, obtain competitive bids, coordination of project activities, control of project costs, assurance of project quality, performance of project start-up activities and development of post completion audits to ensure all aspects of the project comply with defined objectives. Manage outside consultants on the development of project plans and specifications. Manage outside contractors on all associated project activities.
* Define, develop and implement processes for establishing and maintaining effective programs to ensure electrical and controls equipment utilized on the plant site are safe for use by employees.
* Establish Failure Analysis processes for machinery and associated electrical and controls devices.
* Provide technical support for problem identification and correction of electrical operation and capabilities of other devices. Actively participate in definition and establishment of programs that ensure the integrity of machinery and other devices where the strengths and capabilities of the devices must be known to ensure the safe use of them.
* Provide leadership and guidance for establishing and maintaining a partnership maintenance process including process development, process implementation, and active participation and involvement in process activities to assure continuous improvement and uniform application of process principles.
* Identify and evaluate new technology for improvement in performance of maintenance activities.
* Understands and supports Lean Sigma programs and supports LS programs as a technical resource.
* Develop standards and procedures as required to assure permanence and consistency of processes and programs established in the plant operation.
* Actively participate in development of short and long range plans to support achievement of all defined areas of responsibility.
* Provide direct supervision of others in performance of their job responsibilities.
* Actively participate in and support all principles of the continuous improvement process.
* Increased levels of availability of production and production support equipment.
* Improvement in reliability and operation of production and production support equipment.
* Reduction of total maintenance related costs of doing business.
* Improvement in technical service support for all customers.
* Assurance that all related activities are conducted in compliance with all established safety and environmental practices and procedures and are conducted in compliance with company equal opportunity policies.
* Develop an understanding and be a contributor member of the site Environmental, Health & Safety System.
* This position may be required supervise other department personnel.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Four year BSEE degreerequired from an ABET accredited program.
* Ten plus years of Electricalengineering related experience.
* Proven experience in a manufacturing environment, providing troubleshooting and support for production needs.
* Capital Improvements Project Identification, development and execution.
* High proficiency in PLC and HMI programming and associated software.
* Craftsmen Supervision experiencepreferred.
* Program Development preferred.
* Documentation of Testing and Program Procedures preferred.
* Supervisory experience in a Leadership role highly desired.
* Working knowledge of the NEC and/or NESC.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD.
* Only U.S. Citizens or Aliens who have a legal right to work in the United States are eligible for employment in the United States. If hired, can you present evidence of your US Citizenship or proof of your legal right to work in the U.S