Electrical Laboratory Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
UL is seeking a Laboratory Technician for our Melville, NY testing laboratory. If you have an educational or practical knowledge of electrical theory or electrical testing experience, this may be for you!
In this role, the Lab Technician will be responsible for testing and recording data for projects submitted to UL for investigation. The candidate will work with related test equipment, in a laboratory setting, while interacting with engineering and other laboratory staff. Candidate should have high integrity, high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment. Experience with EMC/EMI/RF testing is a plus but not required.
* Examines test samples and reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, measuring instruments, and operational instructions. Evaluates test performance and reviews test and construction data with supervisor.
* Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on data sheets and instructions from engineering department personnel. May direct staff in test setups.
* Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
* Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel. May communicate with clients during the setup and performance of a test to demonstrate or otherwise illustrate equipment test methods and/or to discuss test results. May communicate with UL field representatives to discuss additional follow-up tests, samples, equipment, methods and/or results.
* Records observed or calculated data on appropriate UL forms and prepares data sheets and test reports. May plan tests, evaluate test results and report opinions and interpretations, as directed.
* Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
* Performs other duties as directed.
Some University education in a related discipline.
EMC/EMI/RF testing is a plus but not required.
We accept the uniqueness in individuals and see it as a powerful asset to our employees, services and community.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without sponsorship.