Electrical Mechanical Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Position requires individual to perform maintenance functions in a training environment. Performs minor repairs, adjustments, and services machinery with minimum supervision.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Following safe and proper procedures and with minimal supervision is capable of performing basic maintenance functions.
2. Is capable of receiving and interpreting verbal instructions, drawings and blueprints.
3. Operates welder, drill press, cutoff saw, band saw, and other maintenance machinery and tools.
4. Completes paperwork as required, including job cards, inspection reports, logs, etc.
5. May be required to perform other duties within the maintenance department. May be called upon to work late evening, early morning, or other unscheduled hours to perform necessary emergency repairs.
6. Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control.
7. Is responsible for safety and quality of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
Internal: Supervision and personnel throughout the facility.
SUPERVISED BY: Department Supervision.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Required: High school education with two years as Setup or equivalent. Pass Basic Skills test with 90% combined and the Mechanics Maintenance Trainee Test with 90%.
Any deviations from the above requirements (e.g. substituting more work experience for required education) will be evaluated and approved by the Vice President - Operations.
Preferred: Diploma in Industrial Technology or equivalent.
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Have 2 years as Set-up or equivalent. Must demonstrate ability to use hand and power tools, along with providing own hand tools. This position requires the individual to handle and transport machine parts or equipment weighing up to approximately seventy-five pounds.
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.