Electrical Power Line Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 3/3/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONOccidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Power Line Technician within our Permian EOR group.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical distribution systems in order to improve field system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs. This position will support the EOR Permian Basin area of operation and the successful candidate must live within 50 miles of their assigned field office reporting location.
* Mentor and Train less experienced Electrical Power Line Technicians
* Review Electrical Power equipment data ( Motor and transformer efficiency's, Power consumption from Sub stations, line capacities)
* Provide input on standard power electrical equipment design and standard data format for modeling
* Validate electrical system data
* Work with development engineers on design of electrical power equipment for line and substation projects
* Review and provide economical electrical power projects
* Perform electrical equipment PMs
* Communicate project economics, status and planning with stakeholders
* Participate in PHA for new projects that require electrical work
* Review all Basis of Designs for new powerline or substation projects
* Manage and commission electrical distribution projects
* Evaluate possible long lead items for demand planning
* Evaluate system condition for predictive maintenance program and perform maintenance as required
* Review Periodic data with electrical team to compile a list of opportunities
* Provide assistance in troubleshooting power line and substation issues
* Provide technical support for Electrical Facilities Technicians
* Participate in the development of electrical power equipment and installation standards
* Oversee and/or perform energized work up to 25kV
* Respond and provide support on all electrical systems during power outages and/or otherwise assigned, including on a 24 hour call out basis
* Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions, both inside and outside (below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour) and extreme hot heat (temperatures above 100 degrees for periods of more than one hour), and exposed to loud noises, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions and oils
* High School diploma, GED
* Must be knowledgeable of electrical safety requirements as found in publications such as NFPA 70E, NEC, NESC and OSHA standards
* Must have knowledge of Arc Flash Hazards
* Able to interpret power engineering, distribution system design and construction, engineering economics, feasibility and power factor correction studies, load flow and motor starting studies, system reliability analysis, voltage regulation, transformer sizing and analysis, over-current coordination principals and sectionalizing devices to include relays, breakers, sectionalizers, reclosers, and fuses, transmission system protection and control, and substation design and construction principles
* Strong knowledge of power line construction and standards, distribution transformer connections and configurations, regulators, reclosers and breakers, capacitor banks and all other distribution system and substation equipment.
PROFESSIONAL / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS/LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
* Electrical Journeyman Lineman License in the State the individual will be working preferred or able to obtain
* Experience in Electric Distribution Maintenance and repair minimum of 5 years experience
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
* Experience with utility and/or oil and gas development electrical distribution and/or substations
* Valued contributor to business analysis
* Strong communication skills (verbal/written/listening/presentation/ Project Management)
* Problem solving skills with ability to analyze and recommend solutions on problems of high complexity
* Understanding of Surface Operational Strategies of Reliability Maintenance for power systems
* Promote process improvement and development of new technologies
* Ability to manage Budget
* Ability to work in a collaborative manner with multiple internal and external customers
* Able to acquire knowledge of PSSRs and MOCs.
* Extensive expertise in EOR and/or power system safe work systems.
* Knowledge of Electrical construction codes and practices.
* Knowledge of material specifications and application
* Understanding of regulatory guidelines
* Leadership and Mentoring skills
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Computer skills (MS Office Suite, Oxy proprietary software, etc)
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Demonstrate strong organizational skills to perform time management in juggling multiple tasks within the constraints and timelines
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status