Electrical Product Engineer C/B/A
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Ann Arbor, MI
Provides entry-level technical knowledge and analytical support through the preparation of product drawings, specifications, and/or conduct of product investigations and performance evaluations.
Main function is to act as a liaison between NSSA (Ann Arbor) and NSK-Japan (Maebashi, Japan) for technical and design matters. Candidate will spend several months at AHQ being trained on product, process, and personnel, then transfer to Steering Technology Center in Maebashi for a 2-year period. Target transfer date is Aug/2016.
NSK willing to provide language training.
After 2 year period, candidate will return to the US.
* Participates in communication between NSSA and STC (and other entities in Japan) to obtain and clarify customer technical expectations.
* Participate in the creation of product drawings and specifications including design FMEAs, design studies, and design records.
* Participate in product investigations and performance evaluations including planning, sample specification, sample procurement, tooling design, tooling procurement, machine operations, and reporting.
* Learn departmental procedures at both NSSA and within STC.
* Participates in cross-functional teams related to product launches, change requests and quality improvements.
* Facilitate communication between NSSA-PE and STC design staffs.
This job requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and less than 1 year of position-related experience; preferably 1-2 years of position-related experience. 100% Travel is required the first year.
Preferred candidate will have a BS in Electrical Engineering will be considered.
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Matching 401(k)
* Bonus Plan
* Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor