Electrical Project Engineer 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
Our manufacturing facility in Shafter, California is recruiting an Electrical Project Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for maintaining excellence in developing, executing and managing assigned projects to achieve plant goals. Through expert application of engineering techniques and principles, the Electrical Project Engineer will manage the integration of new manufacturing equipment and will recommend solutions to optimize productive capability of the plant. The Electrical Project Engineer will make sound recommendations on controls and integration program changes, project cost, maintainability, facility of production and availability of materials and equipment with emphasis on safety and optimum performance. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, highly adaptive and capable of managing multiple engineering assignments.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Proactively identify controls or electrical engineering issues or opportunities and apply technical expertise to develop and present feasible solutions.
* Successfully execute engineering/efficiency projects from conception to completion, applying all areas of engineering expertise to achieve an effective solutions.
* Coordinate with both Contractors and Company representatives to seamlessly complete engineering projects as efficiently as possible without causing production delays.
* Develop detailed justifications for capital expenditures and communicate at multiple levels within the organization.
* A BS in Electrical Engineering with 1 - 2 years of demonstrated controls-based electrical engineering experience in a manufacturing environment; experience in a continuous process manufacturing environment preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of engineering fundamentals, experience with Allen Bradley programmable controls systems (PLC's) and proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.