Electrical Project Engineer, Signal Integrity 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY **Position may be located in Lisle Illinois or Maumelle, Arkansas.**
Molex is seeking a proactive Electrical Project Engineer highly skilled in Signal Integrity to perform characterization of high-speed connectors and systems using high-speed digital testing and electromagnetic modeling techniques. In this role you will make recommendations for interconnect systems improvement, working in a cross-functional team environment with internal and external customers.
* Develop unique interconnect solutions based on customer objectives of performance and cost for overall channel and conduct detailed testing and measurements for validation and correlation of design analysis.
* Develop empirical and analytical electrical test procedures and specifications and design and develop associated test fixtures for mated connector solutions
* Design characterization and customer verification test vehicles that include working with PCB design & fabrication houses.
* Perform detailed design reviews for customer, provide recommendations and select proper signaling and interconnect technology for high performance links.
* Simulate and/or analyze the overall link to develop the sensitivity of each piece of physical layer
* Generate the routing and electrical margins requirements for specific interfaces and verify correctness
* Generate evaluation and qualification reports or presentation materials for both internal and customer use and maintain proper documentation of work output.
* Assist in preparing and conducting technical presentations to Sales, Marketing and / or customers
* BSEE, BS Physics, BS Applied Math.
* 3 years experience with channel modeling and correlation and connector design and validation OR 1 years experience with MS or higher.
* MS or PhD in EE, Physics or Applied Math.
* 4 years experience with channel modeling and correlation and connector design and validation.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ansys HFSS & Designer, CST, Agilent ADS & PLTS, Matlab
* Test and Measurement
* VNA, TDR
* Standards committee participation, ability to mentor, and technical papers published.
You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors |
Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com