Electrical Quality Engineer 9/14/2016
Hyundai-Kia America Technical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Hyundai Kia America Technical Center, Inc. (HATCI) is currently looking for an Electrical Quality Engineer for our Chino, CA location that will:
* Investigate quality issues on Hyundai or Kia vehicles responding to requests from Korean Coordinators, Hyundai /Kia affiliates or North America Quality Center (NAQC) registered projects resulting from warranty claims or sudden increase in parts orders.
* Conduct field or on-site investigations and subjective and/or objective evaluations during driving to attempt to duplicate conditions or concerns.
* Collect and record data: analyze data and diagnose root cause. Recommend methods of resolution - field fixes or countermeasures.
* Create Technical Reports on investigations, analysis and recommendations for Korea R&D and Quality teams.
* Provide technical support for quality-related meetings and product evaluation programs with US affiliates, Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA), Kia Motor Manufacturing Georgia(KMMG), HATCI, Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motor Company.
* Work closely with vendors to investigate for root cause of a problem and follow up on countermeasures.
* Collect incident parts and duplicate customer s concern and find out the root cause of the problem using various tools, such as Vector CANalyzer, X-ray machine, oscilloscope, and etc.
* Provide Engineering Support to dealers for non-fixable problems by performing root cause analysis and providing methods of resolution.
* Establish plans to support Durability/Reliability testing for new and existing models to provide continuous Engineering analysis, identify problems, conduct root cause analysis, and to provide countermeasures or resolution.
* Identify major quality problems, breakdown to systematic areas and provide Engineering analysis and research results to provide ': lessons learned': on current and future models.
* Benchmark competitive vehicles to research differences and improve Hyundai/Kia vehicle systems.
* Familiarity with JD Power and Consumer Report rating is a plus.
* Research, procure and maintain new technology, tools, and methods for data acquisition or analysis.
* Travel up to 40% of time domestically and internationally.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Valid Driver s License and satisfactory driving record.
Candidates applying for positions with Hyundai Kia must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
HATCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Disabled and Veteran. VEVRAA Federal contractor