Electrical Safety and Code Instructor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide instruction and practical training to create an engaging learning experience.
* Teach assigned classes in accordance with the NTT policies.
* Plan and organize instruction to maximize learning.
* Employ instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the learning experience.
* Participate in scheduled activities to include, but not limited to, training and employee meetings.
* Stay current in subject matter through professional development.
* Contribute to the selection of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives that lead to program improvement and growth.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Perform other professional duties to support instruction as assigned.
* Master or Journeyperson electrician with at least 10 years of hands-on field experience in the electrical trades within the last three years
* Previous teaching experience in electrical safety codes and standards within the last 4 years
* Working knowledge and field experience in NFPA 70 (2008 National Electrical Code), NFPA Arc Flash 70E (2009 Electrical Safe Work Practices), NFPA 70B (Electrical Equipment Maintenance) and OSHA 1910:331-335 Electrical Safety
* Experience in teaching eight hour a day courses in a classroom style environment or industrial facilities
* Current driver s license
* Ability to communicate technical information to participants of all experience levels, e.g., electricians, maintenance personnel, planners and engineers
* Ability to travel on a consistent basis within the United States, and occasionally internationally
* Ability to interface with the Sales Department concerning customization of training
* Proficiency in Power Point Presentations
* Be able to communicate effectively via email and cell phone
* Bilingual a plus, but not required
* Understanding the concept of Arc Flash Analysis
* Ability to function independently in a highly efficient manner
* Excellent organizational and communication skills
* Computer literacy (Windows, MS Office)
* Proficient in public speaking for delivery of course materials
What does NTT have to offer*
* Talented an committed co-workers
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
NTT is proud to be an equal opportunity employer