Electrical Service Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
ThyssenKrupp System Engineering, Inc.
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY thyssenkrupp AG (TK) is a leading global diversified technology and materials group based in Essen, Germany. It has 160,000 employees in nearly 80 countries working with passion and expertise to develop technologies, products and services for sustainable progress. Their skills and commitment are the basis for our success. In fiscal year 2013/2014, the Group generated sales of 41 billion (approximately $51.7 billion).
Globally, the company comprises seven business areas (BA): Steel Europe, Steel Americas, Materials Services, Elevator Technologies, Components Technologies, Plant Technologies and Marine Systems, which serve clients across the automotive, aerospace, industrial and chemical sectors.
ThyssenKrupp System Engineering, Inc. develops, designs and manufactures turn-key automotive body and powertrain assembly systems including gauging and testing technology for worldwide automotive manufacturers and their supplier industry. ThyssenKrupp System Engineering is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Responsible for assembling and installing TKSE equipment on shop floor and customer site by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Wire, mount, connect, test troubleshoot, repair and/or modify developmental and production electronic components, equipment and systems.
* Read and understand engineering drawings in order to assemble accordingly.
* Support debug and customer buyoff of equipment as required.
* Perform on the job training for customer, operators and maintenance people.
* Work with skilled trades and engineering to troubleshoot machinery functions.
* Must be able to travel to customer's plant both within and outside of USA.
* Effectively represent the company and company product to the customer.
Education and/or Experience
* Journeyman or Associate's degree or equivalent in a related field from a 2-year college or technical school with 2 years of related experience; or 4 years of related experience and/or training/education.
Other Skills and Abilities:
* The individual must have the ability to use reliability techniques.
* The individual must also be able to provide customer service, apply robotics mechanical devices and mathematics at a competent skill level.
* It is also essential that the individual posses an expert skill level in designing the controls for the product.
* Must be capable of all controls assembly relative to the general construction of machinery.
* Ladder logic, basic CNC programming, understanding of flow-charts.
* Ability to utilize personal computer equipped with electronic database, spreadsheet, and word processor.
* Must be able to recognize circuit errors; both engineering and installation errors and be able to recommend solutions.
To learn more about thyssenkrupp in North America, please visit our website:
thyssenkrupp System Engineering, Inc. offers a full benefit package including: Vacation, 401k with company match, educational reimbursement, Medical coverage, Flex Spending, Prepaid Legal and Company provided dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurances
thyssenkrupp System Engineering, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.