Electrical Trainee Residential
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
Helix Electric Inc
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. With a strong presence in the Bay Area, Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support a complex multi-family/high-density project nearing 25M in the San Jose area, Helix Electric has openings for dynamic electricians holding a valid CA Electrician license and/or Electrical Trainee Card. The successful electrician will manage complex electrical installations in a fast-paced and fast-production environment. Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in large multi family projects. Must be proficient in type NM (Romex) and/or MC wiring methods.
* Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
* Work from all type ladders (step ladders up to 14', \\"A\\" frame ladders and all size extension ladders and carry and relocate up to 12' step ladder by one's self.
* Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1-250 lbs., Class 1A-300 lbs.).
* Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
* Able to work 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts.
* Must be able to commute up to two hours from home.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Includes climbing ladders and steep stairs, crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
* Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
* Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of the job.
Helix Electric offers an excellent compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits, generous 401k plan, as well as technical and management training programs. Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) with a strong commitment to environmental awareness and a drug-free workplace.
Helix Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer