Electrical Training Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGP Strategies Corporation (NYSE: GPX) is a global performance improvement solutions provider of training, eLearning solutions, management consulting and engineering services. GP Strategies solutions improve the effectiveness of organizations by delivering innovative and superior training, consulting and business improvement services, customized to meet the specific needs of its clients. Clients include Fortune 500 companies, manufacturing, process and energy industries, and other commercial and government customers.
The Electrical/Automation Training Specialist develops and delivers electrical/automation training programs for electrical apprentices and journeymen; works under limited supervision; and performs additional duties as assigned. GP is looking for a full time instructor to provide classroom training to include hands-on demonstration on electrical apprenticeship courses. This position will require travel as needed to teach the various courses.
1. Develop and deliver electrical training programs and related materials in support of apprenticeship program training objectives
2. Establishes and reviews electrical course content and objectives
3. Conducts training sessions and provides feedback for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness
5. Updates course materials on a regular basis to ensure technical accuracy and relevance
6. Develops and updates apprentice task lists as directed by the training manager
7. Coordinates with site personnel to establish yearly and ad hoc training schedules
8. Maintains current knowledge of electrical/automation systems as required
9. Participates in special projects involving development and delivery of non-electrical programs as required.
Significant hands on maintenance experience and significant training experience on the following electrical systems/components (list is not all inclusive):
* Basic electrical concepts AC & DC
* Industrial electronics
* Basic math
* Measuring equipment
* Conduit bending
* Electrical print reading
* Electrical safety (NFPA 70E, Subpart S, NEC)
* Motor theory and control
* AC & DC Drives
* Digital circuits
* PLC Programming
* C++ Programming
* Circuit breakers
* Miscellaneous electrical components
* Power transformers
* Grounding and bonding
Significant experience developing training using the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) and or ADDlE development models.
Strong electrical and analytical problem solving skills in maintenance functions in manufacturing, energy, or related industry
Ability to adapt training techniques to students of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
Good oral and written communication skills
Ability to work with plant personnel to coordinate training schedules and course feedback
Ability to work on multiple projects at one time and deliver a high quality product on time
Intermediate to advanced knowledge of e-mail, the internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: 10 Years
5+years training experience in an engraving and printing environment with a strong emphasis UOCIS training.
Physical Requirements: 50 lbs.
GP Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.