This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
Currently, we are seeking an Electrician to join our IFM Facilities team working on-site with our client UTC.
The electrician is responsible for the electrical and emergency power systems. Primary contact for all contractors supporting electrical and emergency power system. Must maintain equipment to meet all codes and business needs.
* Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances and fixtures using hand tools and power tools
* Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning systems and components
* Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure code compliance.
* Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring
* Maintain current electrician s license or identification card to meet government regulations.
* Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
* Prepare sketches or follow drawings
* Perform duties such as maintaining records and file, preparing reports, writing MOP s, running meetings, job walks, etc
* At the direction of supervisor, assists with maintenance, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on all equipment including, but not limited to, refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems;
* Monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
* Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required.
* Assist with the installation and repair plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors (single & two speed); run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.;
* Install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
* Install, repair, and maintain electrical controls, switching and motor controls
* Monitor operation, repair, and maintain refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions
* Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
* Performs additional duties as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to troubleshoot electrical issues.
* Ability to identify and solve complex problems
* Working knowledge of computer applications including Word and Excel.
* Minor contractor management
* This position requires the ability to work independently at times with minor supervision.
* Work with other team members and/or contractors as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High School diploma
* Minimum 2-5 years electrical experience
* Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
* Electrical license required
* HVAC license is a plus.
* Valid Driver s License
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.