Electrician - Crew Leader 9/10/2016
Helix Electric Inc
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS:
Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. California based Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and have consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support current backlog and the anticipated doubling of business over the next few years, Helix Electric has created a new position for a dynamic Crew Leader Electrician. At any given time, this Lead Electrician running crews of 15+ men on projects 3M+ in electrical work, including commercial and high-end multi-family projects. The successful Lead Electrician will manage all electrical installations, troubleshooting, delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Manage, train and evaluate personnel.
* Communicate with superintendent regarding production schedule, scope changes, back charges, material and labor management.
* Manage material to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained and staged.
* Coordinate with other trades prior to and during installation process.
* Establish and maintain relationships with customers to ensure customer satisfaction, quality of service and long-term relations with Power Design.
* Manage adherence to contract scope, specifications and code.
* At least five years as an electrician with experience managing crews and schedules.
* Active journeyman card.
* Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes, and construction safety requirements.
* Demonstrate and uphold all of Helix core values, which include integrity, accountability, teamwork, innovation and growth.
* Job requires working on all types of projects, depending on job location.
* Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
* Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limit of ladder (Class 1-250 lbs., Class 1A-300 lbs.).
* Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
* Climbing ladders and steep stairs, crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is require.
Helix Electric is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer