This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
East Camden, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Electrician/HVAC Specialist, Esterline Defense Technologies
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Defense Technologies/Armtec, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, is a manufacturer for Countermeasure Flares.
Company Name: Esterline Defense Technologies/Armtec, a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation
Industry: Aerospace/Defense Products & Services
Number of Employees: 250
Title: Electrician/HVAC Specialist
Job Family: Maintenance
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Works with: Supervisors, Managers and other Maintenance employees.
Location: Camden, AR
Plans layout, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Employees in this classification must be responsible for the repair and troubleshooting of facility HVAC equipment.
* Performs all requirements of installing electrical conduit.
* Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment.
* Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and circuit breaker panels.
* Observes operation of equipment or systems to detect hazards and needs for adjustments, relocation or replacement and repairs faulty equipment or systems.
* Involved in facility renovation projects, PM practices and cross training where applicable with other Maintenance employees.
* Actively engages in the resolution of maintenance related problems outside of normally assigned electrician duties as needed.
* Maintains all licenses required for the handling and disposal of Freon and other refrigerants.
* Continually reviews PM s and work practices with focus on improving reliability of assigned equipment.
* Assists the inventory control group by specifying needed parts and equipment.
* Assists in the control of equipment downtime; resolution of relative humidity issues; planned shutdowns and system outages.
* Participates in resolution of Safety problems.
* Performs electrical and mechanical duties as required.
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged.
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies.
* Must possess necessary technical skills & knowledge of general maintenance and repair of electrical equipment, must be a certified journeyman electrician
.* Often required to work under adverse conditions.
* May be required to work in the presence of pyrotechnic compositions when performing maintenance duties.
* Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Must be able to work without close supervision.
* Must have ability to use the tools required to perform the assigned duties.
* Must have good dexterity and non-restricted vision.
* Must be licensed journeyman electrician.
* Must possess necessary technical skills & knowledge of HVAC equipment.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
* Requires a current EPA card for handling Freon.
* Previous HVAC and electrical experience require - at least 5 years experience as electrician and 3 years as HVAC
* Must be a certified/licensed electrician.
* Required to attend courses/training as needed to become HVAC certified/licensed.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* One year certificate from college or technical school; three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 1 3 years experience in an Electrical/HVAC related field.
* Required licenses and certificates.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).