Electrician I 8/12/2016
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Location: Honolulu, HI
Job Code: 3618
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Electrician I in Honolulu, HI.
Under immediate supervision, assist in a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of electronics and/or electrical equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electrical energy onboard U.S. vessels/government installations. Non-supervisory.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Inspects and tests electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices.
* Splices wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
* Installs new fuses, electrical cables, terminal boxes, switches, lighting or power sources as required and locate and remove or repair circuit defects such as blown fuses.
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective wiring and relays in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's tools.
* Refers to schematics and manufacturers' specifications that show connections.
* Cuts openings and drills holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders, using electric drills, hole saws, hole punches and routers.
* Measures, cuts, and installs frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
* Reassembles and tests equipment after repairs.
* Follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to shipboard requirements.
* Assembles multi-pin connectors and fiber optic connections.
* Runs cable and cable installation crews, bands cables, cableway inspections and installs cable tags,
* Opens and closes MCT'S, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair basic electrical circuits and equipments such as lighting circuits, IC circuits, and controllers, transformers, and distribution systems.
* Follows NAVSEA Standard Items.
* High school diploma or equivalent or four year Naval Shipyard Electrician Apprenticeship, training in vocational schools.
* One to three years experience as a journeyman electrician in the ship repair industry.
* Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
* Basic knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used.
* Basic knowledge in electrical and electronic theory and NEC code, low / high Voltage systems, Lockout Tag-out procedures and in Safety of Electrical Operations.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Must have hook up and disconnection skills.
* Effective oral and written communication.
* Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts, if appropriate.
* Able to interpret shipboard connection DWG, understands and can follow NAVSEA Standard Items, has 3-4 years shipboard experience preferred.
* Ability to use electronic theory (analog and digital, RF knowledge a plus), to use common laboratory electronic test equipment and to work from schematics and rough sketches.
* Able to use test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and computer control equipment.
* Able to exercise good judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner.
* Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
* Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedure appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
* Fiber and copper connection qualified.
* Require walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise.
* Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (onboard ships).
* Able to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight.
* Must have manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects.
* Able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
* Able to perceive and distinguish normal range of colors.
* Work is done in various settings: Office, Warehouse, laboratory, pierside, shipboard.
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to loud noise.
Epsilon Systems Solutions Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.