Electrician III (3615)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 1/16/2018
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
Pearl City, HI
JOB DESCRIPTIONEpsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Electrician III in Honolulu, HI.
Summary: Install, adjust, or maintain electronics and/or electrical equipment on board U.S. vessels/government installations in the ship repair industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Inspects and tests electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices.
* Splices wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solders connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
* Installs new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required and locates and removes or repairs circuit defects, such as blown fuses.
* Adjusts, repairs, or replaces defective wiring and relays in ignition, lighting, air-conditioning, and safety control systems, using electrician's tools.
* Refers to schematics and manufacturers' specifications that show connections.
* Cuts openings and drills holes for fixtures, outlet boxes, and fuse holders, using electric drills, hole saws, hole punches and routers.
* Measures, cuts, and installs frameworks and conduit to support and connect wiring, control panels, and junction boxes, using hand tools.
* Reassembles and tests equipment after repairs.
* Follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to shipboard requirements.
* Troubleshoots motor controllers, control panels, and power distribution panels.
* Performs Electrical Testing using multimeter, miggers, ampmeters, load banks.
* Assembles multi-pin connectors and fiber optic connections.
* Writes WAFS.
* Runs cable and cable installation crews, bands cables, cableway inspections and installs cable tags.
* Opens and closes MCT'S, troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs electrical circuits and equipment such as lighting circuits, IC circuits, and controllers, transformers, and distribution systems.
* Follows NAVSEA Standard Items.
* 4 years Naval Shipyard Electrician Apprenticeship, training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, and/or an associate's degree.
* Minimum of five years experience as a journeyman electrician in the ship repair industry, including having a supervisory or leadership role.
* Has high level experience troubleshooting, repairing and testing of electrical powered equipment, electrical connections, fiber optics, cableways, transformers, motor controllers, lighting, completing connection/disconnection cut sheets.
* Has a specialized skill in one or more of the following, circuit breaker repair, generator cleaning and repair, voltage regulator repair, control circuit repair, blown fiber certified.
* Understands and is familiar with NAVSEA Standard items.
* Ability to work from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts. Basic knowledge of techniques, materials, tools and equipment used.
* Knowledgeable in electrical and electronic theory and NEC code, low / high Voltage systems, Lockout /Tag-out procedures and in Safety of Electrical Operations.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
* Must have hook up and disconnection skills.
* Effective oral and written communication.
* Sound interpersonal skills needed to interface, coordinate with company personnel, customers, and outside contacts, if appropriate.
* Able to interpret shipboard connection DWG, understands and can follow NAVSEA Standard Items, has 3-4 years shipboard experience preferred.
* Ability to use electronic theory (analog and digital, RF knowledge a plus), to use common laboratory electronic test equipment and to work from schematics and rough sketches.
* Able to use test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and computer control equipment.
* Able to exercise good judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.
* Ability to read, interpret, and follow detailed written instructions, schematics or drawings and to conduct activities in a safe manner.
* Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
* Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedure appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
* Fiber and copper connection qualified.
* Requires walking, reaching, sitting and concentration in the presence of occasional noise.
* Able to move in narrow and restricted passageways, up/down steep and narrow ladders or stairways, and up and down antenna masts/yardarms (on board ships).
* Able to lift, carry and move objects up to 50 lbs in weight.
* Must have manual and finger dexterity; able to grasp, manipulate, assemble small objects.
* Able to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
* Able to perceive and distinguish normal range of colors.
* May be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.