Electrician, Maintenance- Overseas
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Chugach Alaska Corporation
Patrick Afb, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer, Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Incumbent uses various tools, testing instruments and equipment to install, inspect, repair, maintain, adjust and troubleshoot various pieces of electrical equipment.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
* Installs, repairs, and maintains motors, transformers, lights, appliances, circuits, wiring, and other electrical system equipment and components in compliance with electrical codes, standards and regulations.
* Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment.
* Determines general condition of all electrical equipment, be able to troubleshoot electrical malfunctions and determine extent of necessary repairs.
* Determine and clearly identify proper materials and material quantities for new and existing repair projects.
* Required to perform predictive and preventive maintenance on existing electrical equipment utilizing Reliability Centered Maintenance practices.
* Works from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications.
* Locates and diagnoses trouble in the electrical system or equipment.
* Works standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment.
* Uses a variety of electrician's hand tools and measuring and testing instruments.
* Work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
* Troubleshoots and evaluates electrical systems.
* Work with trade related test equipment such as meggers, earth ground test equipment, multi-meters, amp probes etc.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the Electrical Maintenance field.
* Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
* Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
* Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
* Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
* Must have ability to work on electrical equipment located at various heights.
* Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
* Must have the ability to work well under pressure.
* Hazard: May work with high voltage.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Four (4) years experience in electrical maintenance work at the journeyman level.
* Must be a licensed Journeyman Electrician.
* Ability to read blueprints, bend conduits, troubleshoot, repair motors and controls, and install and repair AC and DC equipment.
* Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of switches, transformers, and transformer hook ups.
* Work with and understand blueprints, electrical schematics and job specifications as it applies to the electrical craft.
* Must have experience working with medium voltage.
* Knowledge of OSHA Lock-Out/Tag out procedures.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Must be physically able to lift 40-50 pounds.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical and subsequent annual physicals for living on Ascension Island.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
* Valid state drivers license with acceptable driving record.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level.
* Ability to successfully pass an employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
* U.S. Citizenship required.
* Must be willing to live and work on the remote island of Ascension with no family accommodations available.
* Fire Alarm experience highly desirable and/or willingness to successfully complete Fire Alarm training.
* Experience with RCM technology and related RCM tools is highly desirable or be willing to learn.
* Current Secret Clearance.
* Experience with Runway lighting.