Electrician Technician 2
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Chula Vista, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Electrician Technician 2
Chula Vista - Chula Vista, CA US (Primary)
High School Diploma
VSE Corporation is seeking Marine Electricians for our facility located in Chula Vista, Ca. to perform the following duties:
* Dismantle electrical controls and replace defective components.
* Install and troubleshoot various types of motors, generators, circuit breakers, controllers and transformers.
* Install and perform operational test on installed electrical equipment within set standard and operational limits.
* Install equipment grounding on various electrical and electronic equipment.
* Repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits using appropriate tools and test instruments.
* Install transformers, controllers, motors, and lighting and completes circuit according to diagram specifications.
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical distribution panels, switchboards, programmable logic controls, sensors, pressure limit switches, and switchboard metering devices.
* Remove & Install electrical cables in shipboard wire ways & wiring trunks. * Perform other general job related duties as assigned, to include equipment set up, assist with job site clean-up and securing job site materials & equipment.
* MUST be able to climb shipboard inclined & vertical ladders (ships mast), lift / carry up to 50 Lbs. and ware Personal Safety Equipment (Safety Glasses, Hard Hat, Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection, etc.) for extended periods of time.
* Able to conduct Ship Checks, read & interpret drawings, technical manuals and mil-specs; good writing and communication skills; basic computer and organizational skills.
* MUST be able to obtain a Pass Port and travel to ship s location outside San Diego. (Most work is done in San Diego) and work extended hours & weekends if necessary.
* MUST have own basic hand & electrician type tools.
* High School graduate or equivalent.
* Must be a U.S. citizen, (naturalized is OK)
* Beable to pass drug test, doctor supervised Physical Fitness test & DOD background investigation and be able to obtain a Rapid Gate base access card.
* Graduate of Navy Electrician A or C schools and / or shipyard electrician experience is highly desired.
0 - 10%
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans?) that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture. We are a military friendly organization and veterans are encouraged to apply. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Due to the incredible influx of applicants we are not able to take phone calls; we will contact you if you are a match for any position. Thank you for considering us for employment.