Electrician - VDOTADM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
U.S. Facilities, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY U.S. Facilities, Inc., a consolidated building maintenance services company, is currently accepting resumes for the position of Licensed Electrician for its Richmond VA location. The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are to install, maintain and repair all commercial building electrical, digital, analog and related systems. Will have knowledge & experience of building automation system and be capable of all calibrations required with the system. Will be required to perform other trades work.
Other Duties include but are not limited too:
1. Performs electrical work required for installation and maintenance of equipment, systems and facilities, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers' specifications.
2. Performs preventive maintenance on and repairs electrical distribution systems equipment, including generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, BAS alarm systems, UPS and lighting systems.
3. Makes standard computations relating to load requirements to determine wiring and electrical equipment.
4. Performs electrical repairs of starters, switches, receptacles and wiring.
5. Performs relamping and/or repairs of light fixtures.
6. Installs and traces wire pull for phone and data drops.
7. Stays abreast of changes (safety and code) in the field through seminars and other educational means.
8. Inspects operation, maintains and repairs control system throughout the complex.
9. Utilizes client work order tracking system to initiate electrical work for scheduled and unscheduled jobs, develop materials lists for ordering by supervisor, and sign off on work orders.
10. Responds to emergency situations, troubleshoots and repairs electrical problems; will carry a shop radio for rapid response.
11. Assists other staff to troubleshoot equipment problems as required.
12. Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company and client standards.
13. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
14. Willingly perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
1. High school Diploma/ GED
2. Journeyman equivalent in electrical installation and maintenance, with minimum of five years' experience.
3. Knowledge of the National Electrical code, local codes and building standards and the ability to interpret such codes.
4. Knowledgeable and compliant with OSHA safety practices for electrical high voltage equipment, high and low pressure vessels and other motor driven automatic operation machinery.
5. Possesses the ability to work with and communicate with all levels of management to secure cooperation for performing maintenance, repairs, and alterations.
6. Valid Driver's License.
7. Fingerprinting and backgrounding screening are required.